This needs to be said.. My Linux experience has improved several orders of
magnitude over the past few weeks thanks to the hard work by the authors of
these wonderful FOSS programs, all running on Linux (Kubuntu Jaunty in my
case). It's not that I suddenly discovered them recently, but that things
have come together so nicely, fittingly for the first time. I can now safely
say that the Linux experience is vastly superior to *any* other OS and I'm
grateful.

Things still sorely missed -
An SVN client like Tortoise - Command line works well on Linux so not so
much of a problem
A Diagram editor like Visio - Dia and Inkscape fill the niche but not very
well
A Project Management app like Project - Planner is a so-so alternative

But these are acceptable niggles, considering how much better everything
else is..

I know I'm preaching to the choir here but anyone stuck on OSX, Windows, or
any other XYZ OS, please check these programs out and I guarantee that you
will switch over to the force... err.. the free and open source!

-- Anupam

PS: As a die hard Gnome user, KDE 4 has totally taken me by surprise. God
speed to them both and may we see a merge in the future!
PPS: And the games! Saurbraten, Wesnoth, Frozen-bubble, Tremulous rock!!!