In infinite wisdom Vikas Rawal said the following On 7/6/09 12:04 AM:
On my laptop, I use mutt with postfix for sending e-mails, and
fetchmail for receiving them. Postfix is setup to relay mails through
gmail. I am the only user on the computer and all mails originating
from the computer are sent from my account.

A limitation of the present setup is that it sends e-mail only from a
particular gmail account. I have, like most people these days, a
couple of different e-mail accounts that I like to use for different
purposes. I would like to set up mutt and postfix in such a way that I
could use these various accounts for sending mail. I have set up mutt
profiles for different accounts. With that mutt is able to send mails
with different "From:" headers.

What you need is called address rewriting. <http://www.postfix.org/ADDRESS_REWRITING_README.html>. It is a bit of hairy topic and if you are doing it for the first time, be prepeared to work on it for a few uninterrupted hours.

--
Raj Shekhar
-