Quote Unquote...

Q: What makes you believe Linux will continue to gain momentum?

A: I think, fundamentally, open source does tend to be more stable
software. It's the right way to do things. I compare it to science
vs. witchcraft. In science, the whole system builds on people looking
at other people's results and building on top of them. In witchcraft,
somebody had a small secret and guarded it -- but never allowed others
to really understand it and build on it.

Traditional software is like witchcraft. In history, witchcraft just
died out. The same will happen in software. When problems get serious
enough, you can't have one person or one company guarding their
secrets. You have to have everybody share in knowledge.
--- Linus Torvalds

Source:
http://www.businessweek.com/technology/content/aug2004/tc20040818_1593.htm

      See the Web's breaking stories, chosen by people like you. Check out
Yahoo! Buzz. http://in.buzz.yahoo.com/