On Tue, Aug 4, 2009 at 2:13 PM, Sudev Barar <sba...@gmail.com> wrote:
<snip>

2009/8/4 Nikhil sharma <feelthenikwo...@gmail.com>:

<snip>

Nikhil Sharma wrote:

>Can I attend the workshop?,
>If yes then how am I going to benifit from it?
>What I am going to learn there?
>I live in Himachal Pradesh, and if I'll come, it will take 8 hours to reach
>there. But still I want to come.
>My motive of asking these questions is that I am a pure beginer .And I dont
>want to find myself at a place where things goes above my head. Is my
>current level enough for me to be with you all.
>I hope you all will give a fair openion.
>Please, tell me frankly.

Dear Nikhil,

Firstly, The value of attending such workshops lies in the knowledge
shared-- but more than that the value is in the people you get to meet---
who's first hand experiences you can learn from.

Also, while through years of experience your point of view will change and
mature beyond what you learn in books-- by meeting people, you learn from
people who's point of view has evolved with years of experience.

Also, you would get inspired.

Personally; to me-- that is worth it.

Secondly, On the other hand-- it may also happen that you expect to be given
individual attention-- and handed over specific points of information which
would help you-- and it's possible that you may not have much patience to
expose yourself to books OR classes for hours at a end-- and you think the
workshop will automatically groom you in a few hours.

That (second option) does not often happen-- and if second-case--- then you
may be better off attending a paid-workshop by a high profile trainer OR by
taking a course--- like aptech, niit or ethical hacking(tm)-- because the
course material OR trainer-workshop will be tailored and targetted at
bringing you up to speed.

No problem even if you are more of the "learn in a structured environment"
type of mindset.
But remember-- many companies were founded by school dropouts; also, when
you meet many likeminded people-- it can help you also clarify your own
thoughts and plans-- so that is the real value of a workshop OR seminar OR
open-source meetup.

Dunno how that'd sound-- but those are my thoughts...

If any more questions-- please feel free to ask.

Best Wishes and Regards,

NS