---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Roshan <kubuntu...@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, Aug 27, 2009 at 10:40 AM
Subject: [ILUG-BOM] [OT]: MSRTC Online Reservation
To: "GNU/Linux Users Group, Mumbai, India" <linux...@mm.ilug-bom.org.in>

Folks,

I travel from Pune to Mumbai and back regularly. I don't reserve
tickets usually, but I thought of doing so this time.

I booked my tickets through the MSRTC Volvo online reservation center
at Parihar Chowk, Aundh.

To my surprise, I was in for a shock. They were using Mozilla Firefox
as the browser and the application was made in PHP. Wow! I was
initially assuming that the Firefox was used on Windows, but when I
went close, I realized, it was Fedora Linux. Wow! Amazing

Superb! I'm so happy to see something like this!

Have you had any such experiences in the past? Is MSRTC using Linux
distros at all its booking centers?

--
Roshan Baladhanvi

│    Narendra Sisodiya ( नरेन्द्र सिसोदिया )
│    R&D Engineer
│    Web : http://narendra.techfandu.org
│    Twitter : http://tinyurl.com/dz7e4a