Found this from ZIMBRA FAQs

Sharing other address information.  If you want to share address books with
other information, such as outside addresses, you may share any one of your
address books with delegated privileges to any other mailbox on the same
server (even across domain).

Modifiable company address books.  If you want to maintain one or more
company address books that are not shared from any single employee's
mailbox, best practices is to create a dummy mailbox, called something like
comp...@yourdomain.com, from which to share the address book.  Using this
method, you may delegate admin privileges to certain employees, who can keep
it up to date and also share the address book to new users.  You may decide
that other users may only have the ability to manage (add or delete
contacts) the address books(s), or even only view them.

link : http://faqs.01.com/zimbra/questions/84/Company+Address+Book+%28GAL%29

Hope you find it useful. Do keep us updated if you are able to achieve one.
Regards

Dhiraj Gaur