On Friday 23 October 2009 21:27:47 Pranith Kumar wrote:
> Hello All,
>
> I just wanted to know if there are any kernel developers in our community.
>
> It would be nice to have some interactions and discussions if possible.
> Any other person interested to start is also welcome to reply :)
>
> Regards,

Well, I have done some Linux kernel programming when I was working for Glendix
for some time. I was trying to add another system call to the existing Linux
kernel to help run the user space programs of Plan9 operating system.

If you are interested in kernel programming, just dig into the code, see what
all is happening, plan what you want to do/change and make a patch for it.
For example, you want to make another system call, read the kernel docs where
the system calls code resides, how they work and how can you change them etc.

There is a lot of community support in Linux kernel especially on newsgroups
and IRC. And of course, we all are here, in case you need some help (hopefully
we'll be able to help you). :)

--
Regards
Chirag Anand