On Thu, Nov 19, 2009 at 12:03 AM, Roshan Singh <singh.rosha...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Try using network manager. I had such a problem few days back. Then I tried
> network manager and things turned out. Just plug in your device using your
> Data cable, however i am not sure if you can use bluetooth or not.
>
> --
> Roshan Kumar Singh
> http://roshansingh.wordpress.com
> http://sourceforge.net/projects/gscribble

Try the following these things.

1. Figure out packets are flowing.. ping google.com

If this works:
  Check if in your browser any proxy address is not left specified by
some means. If not i believe you can browse net.
Else:
  Ping your DNS server or 74.125.67.100(one of google IP)
  if this works:
      means your DNS is not resolving names, put nameserver
208.67.222.222 in /etc/resolv.conf to use openDNS
  else:
      you have some problem somewhere else. Try Roshan's hack and revert.

--
Shamail Tayyab
Blog: http://shamail.in/blog