Hi Rakesh,

On Wed, Nov 25, 2009 at 10:53 PM, rakesh kumar <kumar3...@gmail.com> wrote:

>  i would need to install
> apache_x.x.xx.tar.gz package from apache.org.

As PHP is a server-side scripting language, what you need is a server
software installed on your system. Apache is the best option available and
that to for free.

As you installed MySQL using yum, I assume you have some RedHat based
distribution as your OS, most probably Fedora.

For installing on Fedora follow these steps:
1. First login as root by typing the command: su- and giving your root
password.
2. Then install Apache and php modules by typing: yum install -y httpd php
php-mysql
3. Start Apache daemon using: service httpd start
4. Now you will be able to see a default page at http://localhost in your
browser.
5. You can keep your php scripts in /var/www to execute them.

Source for installation steps:
http://albertux.ayalasoft.com/2009/09/04/lamp-server-fedora-core-11/

--
Kartik