On 04/12/09 18:13, Devendra Gera wrote:

The fact that OpenDNS doesn't return a NXDOMAIN response also breaks the
MySQL build (the test suite specifically). I'm sure there are other
things which depend on the standard, specified behaviour which break in
a similar manner.

the mysql test-suite is mostly a pile of wasted manure anyway. I'm guessing you are talking about when it tries to hit a non existant domain by dreaming up one of its own ? well that test doesnt pass anywhere you hit wildcard domains either.

the bigger problem with opendns is that they can change the internet to be whatever they want it to be and ride off content that isnt theirs in the first place.

Doing dns isnt hard, doing it properly and well is. Which is why so many isps's still dont quite get it and why so much of the traffic still goes upto the roots, all the time.

- KB