Hi all,
         Today while studying a book i just saw the following lines of code:
int main(void)
{
 int printf(const char *n,...);
 int a=1;
 printf("abcdef");
return 0;
}

 and the output was: abcdef
When i tried to run this code, it ran well without any error and this was
asked in GATE exam also. I am confused, how it ran without <stdio.h>, when i
used printf() function and gave the same output as printf gives. Okay after
that i commented the third line "int printf(const char *n,....);", the
output didn't get affected. Now i am thinking when we can use printf()
function without any prototype or defining any header, then why do we need
to use #include<> in our program, because when i changed this program a bit
by substituting printf() with scanf() it worked fine like scanf() does
normally.
 Can anyone explain me,what is this?
Thanks