Hi

I have a HP Ultrium 2 tape on which data was backed up using amanda and OS was
BSD Unix.

I have to restore it on some other location. I had setup amanda on RHEL 5 and
able to see and extract the data using

-bash-3.2$  /usr/sbin/amrestore -p /dev/st0 | /sbin/restore -i -v -b 2 -f -

-bash-3.2$ add *

-bash-3.2$ extract

Now the data restored this way is about 300 MB whereas the sender of tape says
it should be much more than this. However he is also not sure about what the
data size on tape is.

Is there any other command/ utility from which i can see/ extract data from
tape? or atleast cross check if the size is 300 MB only.

regards,
amit

http://in.yahoo.com/