Hey All

I am building an App using Layout engine ( Gecko or Webkit ) . The App
will be tightly integrated with the browser, it would be an
Addon/Extenstion . As far now, on basis of articles over internet

- WebKit is an extremely lightweight renderer that is often praised for
its tight and clean code base, excellent standards-compliance, and small
memory footprint.

- Gecko, which originated at Netscape , is often criticized for its
large and infamously complex code base. Gecko has always been
extraordinarily powerful, but its richest and most impressive
capabilities originally came at a high cost in size, complexity, and
memory overhead.

- Gecko 1.9 uses the cross-platform Cairo rendering framework
<http://arstechnica.com/news.ars/post/20061212-8409.html>. This greatly
improved SVG support simplified many aspects of the code base and
facilitated some cool features. The overhaul also included significant
refactoring of the reflow algorithm, making it possible for Gecko to
pass the Acid 2 test.
(http://arstechnica.com/open-source/news/2008/09/mozilla-committed-to-gecko.ars)

- Gecko is now very solid and no longer lags behind WebKit.

>From still from my study, i felt, webkit is better, but i will miss
millions of users using Firefox if i dont build on Gecko.

Can someone help me out in deciding  or share their views on Gecko vs
Webkit.

Thanks

- Ankur saxena