On 03/23/2010 07:25 PM, Varun Mittal wrote:
I m in jp university and i was planning to set up a linux terminal server in
the college, i have taken a public ip accessible all over the college. Only
problem is that i cannot make changes to the dhcp server. Please suggest a
reliable way to setup a tftp server.

unless your dhcp server is able to hand out bootp paths, pxe isnt going to work very well ( which is what I am guessing you meant by tftp server - the tftp process is only one part of the network bootstrap ).

if you are able to run any service on the network, look at rarpd, which would allow you to hardwire a machine to a specific IP and also pass along bootp info

- KB