On Tue, Apr 6, 2010 at 1:23 AM, Mohit Singh <gmohitsi...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Dear FOSSouls,
>
> We all know a song 'Mile Sur Mera Tumhara' (aired in 1987 on DD for
> the spirit of national integration).
>
> If this song is available under some public license, can we use a
> modified version as 'Mile Code Mera Tumhara, Toh Software bane Hamara'
> for our FOSS events and beyond?
>
> What do you think about conveying the spirit of the 'Free Software
> Song' using this Hindi version?

+1,
But this will start end-less discussion on all foss maling list for the
  * you have just made 2 lines. someone has to write a full song. After that
we need to face some controversy over wording. Like -- no space for Drupal
:( , then You might need to add - "Mile these/module Mere Tumhare, Toh
website bane Hamari'"
  * Order in which FOSS-activist and developer and Technologies will appear
and their timeslot. We need to comeup with some suitable ranking algorithm
for "*famous face/mouse in FOSS world vs actual contributor*"
  * Restriction on their cloths while signing song - For example - I will
immediate broke the camera with stone if someone wear T-shirt of adobe's and
M$ which shows non-free solutions
  * There will be huge list of such + and -ve,

*Conclusion : *many a time we caught into mailing list discussion. the best
is, just use mailing list for announcements like - "Hey GLUG merrut has made
this video while their workshops, Thanks. Period"