On Fri, Apr 16, 2010 at 8:58 AM, Ashish SHUKLA <wahjava...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Tarun Dua writes:
>> What are the best practices for spam fighting with spamassassin these
>> days. It definitely doesn't work out of the box.
>> -Tarun
>
> Checkout SpamAssassin wiki[1], if not already seen. And what do you mean by
> out-of-the-box, I'm sure you've to integrate with your MTA/MX, so you'll need
> to configure it. It works good enough for me, catching spam which even gmail
> misses.
Ofcourse integrated with MTA but its spam fighting abilities are what
I was wondering about.
It just sends everything to spam, tries to access block lists that no
longer live( or aren't useful) or sends all the spam to inbox if the
score is set too high.
Perhaps I am missing some initial configuration of rulesets on a
Virtualmin+CentOS5.4 box.

-Tarun