On Saturday 17 Apr 2010, abhishek jain wrote:
> I need to use the fedore machine from other machines, in other words
>  the machine should have a active network connection as soon as it is
>  switched on.

(1)

>  or in other words the networkmanager should start
>  itself as soon as the machine is booted, ie without a manual login.

(2)

(1) and (2) are not necessarily related.  Any Linux can start the
network on bootup without having networkmanagers or other user-land
applications running.  In Debian, I edit /etc/network/interfaces for
network-related tasks.  In Fedora, there are scripts and configuration
files under /etc/sysconfig/network* (if I recall correctly) which get
run on system boot.

> Currently the network manager is started only once i login in as a
>  normal user.

Throw it away and use the system network config scripts.

Regards,

-- Raju
--
Raj Mathur                r...@kandalaya.org      http://kandalaya.org/