pkb...@yahoo.co.in said on Sat, May 08, 2010 at 12:52:21PM +0530,:

 > I bought nokia E63... And im using bsnl 3G connection in
 > this... Now i want to acces internet on my fedora 12 using my
 > phone.. I connected my phone.. And check lsusb command.. This
 > detect my phone and nokia mobile connected... In order to detect my
 > phone as usb modem.. U tried to use command.. Modprobe usbserial
 > idVendor=xxxx , idProduct=xxxx

There is an option on your phone, depending on the s/w and version,
usually under "settings > connectivity", which chooses whether the
phone connects as a modem or as a USB storage media. Check your user
manual for details.

Once the correct setting is chosen, the phone would connect as
/dev/ttyUSBX or similar device automatically.

Next, use a ppp dialup utility (KPPP, gnome-ppp, wvdial, etc) to set
up a ppp connection. There would be plenty of HOWTOs, which may be a
bit network and phone / model specific on the web.

You will have to change the settings from phone's menu again if you
want to access the phone's memory.

IIRC, gnokii too has capabalities to setup a ppp connection, but I
have not  used it. .

--
Mahesh T. Pai   ||  http://[paivakil|fizzard].blogspot.com
With freedom comes responsibility.