On Sat, Aug 21, 2010 at 12:39 AM, Aveek Sen <avee...@gmail.com> wrote:

> What would be applicable for using internet via gprs on pc suite based
> nokia phones? I've a nokia n72 & have never found the way to do so
> yet.

I am using a N72 myself and when I purchased it more than 2 years back, I
searched a lot on the same issue.

The conclusion of my search was:
N72 and N70 are based on Symbian S60 2nd Edition Feature Pack 2 which is a
slightly older OS. Other N-Series were based on S60 3rd edition or later
which supported selecting the mode on connecting the phone with a PC using
USB - the modes were Data Storage and PC Suite mode, if you selected the
former the phone could work as a storage device and yeah GPRS worked too.
But this was not the case with N72.

I tried using other software mentioned earlier in the thread like
wammu/gammu but couldn't get the phone to work, although it was being
detected if you issue 'lsusb' command

If you can figure out (I couldn't at that time, and then never tried) how to
share net over bluetooth you may have a chance.

--
Kartik Singhal
BTech CSE Student, NIT Calicut