H.S.Rai said on Sun, Aug 29, 2010 at 01:09:29PM +0530,:

 > Wanted to know what is hot now?

I use mutt.

Other mail client I have used is gnus; but I am not very comfortable
with that, but my text editor of choice is emacs; and have configured
mutt ot use emacs for editing. (you can use vi too).

If you run Debian you can choose between  mutt and mutt-matched.

Related packages being muttprint for printing and muttprofile - which
allows you to use different profiles.

Ask me offlist for my dotmuttrc if you are interested - it mostly a
cut and paste job; and havebeen using it for more than 8 years now.

I also have  signify, which rotates signatures.

--
Mahesh T. Pai   ||  http://[paivakil|fizzard].blogspot.com