On Tue, Aug 31, 2010 at 5:16 PM, Rakesh Kumar <kumar3...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>    I am using "HCL Notebook B30 C2D" and i bought it in 2008 march. I have
> been using Windows on my system and Red Hat on VMWare because my machine is
> supporting Linux(Particularly LAN card, SIS chip) and when i asked Customer
> Support Executives, they told me that it wouldn't support Linux. Yesterday
> I've got Red Hat's latest 5.4 version and tried to install it on my laptop.
> This time it is supporting W LAN but not Ethernet card.
>   I searched for it on Internet also but couldn't get anything fruitful.
> Can you tell me how can i get any driver for it or anything which could
> enable LAN card. Now i want to switch to Linux completely and i am thinking
> to buy a new laptop if it will not support Linux, but before that i want to
> try my best to make my system Linux supportable. Meanwhile i am searching
> on
> net also.
> --
> Regards
> RAKESH
> "Allow Your Own Inner Light to Guide You"

Please attach relevant logs when things are not working. Paste/attach the
output of the following: 'dmesg' , 'lsmod' , 'lspci -v' & 'ifconfig -a' .
What is the exact model of the SiS card (630/730/900/7016)?

Ankit Chaturvedi
GPG: 05DE FDC5 468B 7D9F 9F45 72F1 F7B9 9E16 ECA2 CC23
<http://www.google.com/profiles/ankit.chaturvedi>