Hi,

On 09/27/2010 07:06 PM, Shrinivasan T wrote:
But i am a fresher. I am working on LINUX platform for the last 2 and half
years. So will i get a job in Open source or not, is there a chance?
The answers are here.
http://goinggnu.wordpress.com/2009/10/28/how-to-get-a-linux-admin-job/

Thats a good post and something that really gets into the basics of things. Things often overlooked. A couple of things though :

- you say that its hard to hire a fresh RHCE holder because they have no experience : I would say you need to perhaps consider how they got the rhce in that case, since a part of the rhce idea is to only let people though who can demonstrate that they have onhands admin ability. If that sytem is broken, someone should be concerned!

- There are quite a lot of jobs out there which have nothing to do with admin at all. Remember that one only needs 1 admin to run many machines, services, process instances; but there is always a need to write the code in the first place.

- KB