Replying to your Java/non-Java query from the other thread...

On Sat, Nov 6, 2010 at 11:13 PM, Rakesh Kumar <kumar3...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Agreed but i could not find it as a solution for Java, as it only has PHP
> and Python API / lib not Java lib. But finally i got to know that a new API
> called JMF has been added to Java library and trying to work on that.
> Please correct me if i went wrong anywhere to justify Justin.tv because i
> couldn't find any Java API available for conferencing.

>From what I understand you are writing a web application and *not* a
Java Applet. So you can use a flash player on the client to show the
video. Correct me if I am wrong.

In that case, using the Justin.tv API is _not_ dependent on the
language you are using. As documented at their site [1] it is a REST
based API, which means you can use your favorite curl-type library in
Java to communicate with this service. It even has a JSONP support so
you can use Javascript/JQuery directly on the client side. Couple that
with their flash player and you should be able to create a web
conferencing application. The Python/PHP libraries are just their for
convenience but are not required to make a Justin.tv based
application.

Off topic, but is Java an absolute requirement for this web
application? Of course, ignore this if you are attempting to do all
this via an Applet.

Link:
[1] http://apiwiki.justin.tv/mediawiki/index.php/REST_API_Documentation