Hi,

If you can give a context for your questions, it will be better to
understand them and find probable answers.

Not that I know the answers, but it will be even better if you can
specify versions/releases of the software instead of just saying
"anything prior to 2005". "Oracle, SQL server, Lotus Notes, or any
version control software" is too vast range. More specifics will be
helpful.

Moreover, if you can give some examples, it will be great to
understand what you are looking for.

Regards,
-Sudhanwa

On Sun, Nov 28, 2010 at 11:23 PM, Krithika <krithika...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Dear All,
>
> As part of Centre for Internet and Society's (CIS') project on software
> patents, we need your technical expertise and assistance in getting answers
> for a few questions relating to software applications. If you have any
> information on any of the following questions, please let us know. Your help
> is greatly appreciated!
>
> Here are the questions:
>
> I. What are the features in Oracle, SQL server, Lotus Notes, or any version
> control software in existence prior to August 2005 which provided for:
>
>   1.
>
>   replication or database synchronization? Was this on a peer to peer
>   basis?
>   2.
>
>   Synchronization via a secure channel?
>   3.
>
>   Access control facility during database synchronisation?
>   4.
>
>   Interface component in an application for database synchronisation?
>   5.
>
>   Database synchronisation within a data storage system or an intranet?
>   6.
>
>   Tracking changes in data on a peer to peer basis during data
>   synchronization?
>   7.
>
>   A user to offer and accept invitations for synchronization of data within
>   a data storage system he was part of?
>   8.
>
>   Maintenance of a membership list, modification of membership list for a
>   community of users who could synchronize their data on a peer to peer basis?
>
> Thanks & Regards
> Krithika
>
> --
> Krithika Dutta Narayana