On Mon, Jan 24, 2011 at 10:21 AM, Gora Mohanty <g...@mimirtech.com> wrote:

> On Mon, Jan 24, 2011 at 12:49 AM, Rakesh Kumar <kumar3...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
> [...]
> >                 Don't you think that we have allotted very few time for
> PHP
> > and MySql ? I think we should give a separate session for hands on
> > experience of PHP-MySql and at least one hour session for Frameworks e.g.
> > Zend (IMHO).
> [...]
>
> I was going by the wishes of the college, and was also not sure if
> people were familiar with Zend. However, I agree with you that we
> should be promoting programming with frameworks, rather than in
> raw PHP. Also, I think that an in-depth discussion of the finer points
> of mysql would miss the target audience.
>
> Thus, below, is my revised idea of the schedule. Maybe, the afternoon
> session on the 5th should be broken up two smaller sessions. If so,
> please give me your thoughts on that. I have also tentatively attached
> names to the presentations, though that can still be changed.
>
> Let us try to finalise this by tomorrow (Tue.) at the latest. So, all
> volunteers
> please let me know if you are unavailable on those dates.
>
> 5/2/2011
> -------------
>    * 11am - 11.30am: Introductory FOSS talk
>
>    * 11.30 -1pm: Introduction to PHP, and using mysql though PHP:
>                         Arindam
>
>    * 1pm-1.30pm: Lunch
>
>    * 1.30pm - 4.30pm: Advanced PHP: Using the Zend framework:
>                                 Rakesh
>
> 19/2/2011
> --------------
>    * 11am - 1pm: WordPress workshop: Neeraj
>
>    * 1pm-1.30pm: Lunch
>
>    * 1.30pm - 4.30pm: Drupal workshop: Gaurang
>
> Regards,
> Gora

Sir,
     I have not worked so much on Zend (Not as a professional) but on common
editors. So i don't think i am appropriate person to present talk on Zend
but yes if somebody else is ready to present with me on Zend, i am up. May
be Gaurang could help me as he was with me at RKGIT also. As far as it is
concerned with the Advance topics, i am ready.
    I am ready to present talk on any of the above mentioned topics except
WordPress, if anybody is not available on those days.
Gora Sir, Are you not coming there?

PS: Arindam is very new to this field so let him finalize whether he would
present the talk on PHP-MySql. And if not i am reday to present session on
Basics of PHP also. Please shift the Gaurang's Session on 5th Feb if he is
agree so that people may enjoy the session after a exhaustive session of
continuous programming.

--
Regards
RAKESH