On 02/10/2011 08:50 PM, Kartik Singhal <kartiksing...@gmail.com> wrote:
I am trying to setup a system similar to internet radio to broadcast weekly
shows on our campus intranet (LAN). Something similar to what Linux Action
Show (Jupiter Broadcasting) does. I want to do a live stream setup though
archives of the the telecasts can be made available on a supporting website
(again like LAS).

<snip>
I want to know if anybody in the list has done something similar before and
may want to share their experience or pointers to where I should look.

I used Helix long time ago for live streaming. Basically what I did was use Helix server on a machine and fed it live video feed from VCD or DVD (can't remember) and watched the movie on my cellphone's Real Player (Nokia E70 & later E61). But it was easily 4-5 years ago.

The URL that you can use is https://helixcommunity.org/ - it's not updated. But I guess the software should still work. I checked my notes, but haven't documented the procedure, though from what I can remember it wasn't complicated.

Regards
Vivek Kapoor
http://exain.com