Harish Pillay said on Sun, Mar 06, 2011 at 12:20:17PM +0800,:

 > have a read of this:
 >
 > http://press.redhat.com/2011/03/04/commitment-to-open/

Thanks; please tell Brian that RH enjoys tremendous support in teh
Free Software community, in spite of its self imposed limitation to
"Open Source".

I never use RH. I have not used Fedora. But I was introduced to world
of GNU / Linux by one of the early versions of RH as modified by and
distributed with some magazine. I moved away because I did not like
the kind of "tight integration" imposed on me by the packaging system.

10 years later, (I got my first computer in 2000 or 2001, aroudn same
year Brian joined RH), I am in a position where I can use my influence
to introduce FOSS in the organisation(s) I work, and realise the value
of "tight integration". It _is_ necessary in the enterprise level,
where the emphasis of the guy/gal squating on the keyboard is to "get
the job done", and nuances like licencing terms are handled by "higher
ups".

IMO, this move is beginning of a migration from a symbiotic to
parasitic relationship. Hope you (Red Hat) will stay within strict
limits - you have always done so; please stay that way.

With Best wishes and warm regards for the good job you are doing. .

 > disclaimer: I work for Red Hat
 > --
 > Harish Pillay h.pil...@ieee.org gpg id: 746809E3

PS:- I discovered that hardware with RHEL preinstalled is availabel
     under the DGS&D rate contract scheme.

--
Mahesh T. Pai   ||
free -  (adj) able to  act at will;  not hampered;