> Message: 3
> Date: Thu, 31 Mar 2011 16:40:05 +0530
> From: Raj Mathur <r...@linux-delhi.org>
> Subject: [ilugd] Large Debian installations in India
>
> Hi,
>
> Tirveni and I just completed a large (~2500 desktops + ~40 servers)
> installation of Debian -- Squeeze and Wheezy -- in 6 locations in
> India.  Was wondering, is anyone aware of larger or comparable Debian
> installations in the country?  Or should we be spraining our wrists
> trying to pat ourselves on our backs?
>
> Regards,
>
> -- Raj

Hi,

First, congratulations on the large scale deployment !
May I also add a few related questions. Feel free to ignore any if
they fall in the "NDA domain" :)

1) Regarding support and access: Setting up telephony systems is not
such an easy job and messing them up seems to be even easier. So my
question is how much of access do you give the organisation's in-house
support team on your servers. Do you for example take the risk of
asterisk config files getting messed by somebody at your client's
location? Or do you only expose only the dynamic parts of the system
(adding users, retrieving call recordings etc). I imagine it would be
mandatory to give them root access. Is that correct? If yes, then is
it the case of implementing as many safeguards as you can?

2) Licensing: How do you go about explaining them the license. Do you
just list major parts like asterisk and debian and tell them we used
this and its licensed under so and so foss license? Is there detailed
written license documentation to be provided or just providing links
to licenses sufficient?

Regards,
Gurteshwar