On Mon, Apr 25, 2011 at 11:49 AM, ankIT WALiA <ankitwali...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I am working with an NGO M S Swaminathan Research
> Foundation<http://mssrf.org>who works to provide Information,
> Education, Communication and Technology
> for Rural India. They also work into other scientific solutions to
> Agriculture, Bio-Diversity and Food Security.
>
> They provide basic computer education to students(in vacation time) of some
> rural areas of Tamil Nadu, Kerala, Orissa and Maharashtra.
>
> They are teaching Microsoft Potential Unlimited Program, Intel Learning
> Program and one program designed by Azim Premzi Foundation.
>
> As you know, most of the Indians living in rural areas. Are we, the Linux
> community, already doing something, similar to that, in rural areas?

The agencies mentioned above are nicely tied up with Govt agencies and
the latter often provides them support.  some times the support is
indirect by making the syllabus explicitly mention the products and
not skills.

We are gnowledge.org are based in Mumbai and we are working in some
rural schools.  We conduct training programs for teachers.  If you are
interested we can share our resources and also conduct workshops any
where in India.

--
GN