On Sat, Jul 9, 2011 at 1:54 AM, Gora Mohanty <g...@mimirtech.com> wrote:

> I am very sorry, but professional obligations make it impossible
> for me to be there tomorrow (Sat.) at the scheduled time. I do
> hope that people manage to meet, and start work on a FOSS
> event.

Never mind Delhi Metro and other better connectivity options. LUG
meetings have taken a toll bcoz of "High Economic Growth rate" ->
"Every body's targets are up" -> "professional obligations make it
impossible" syndrome.

We need to innovate by bringing these kind of meetings to the Web, so
that others who are unable to get in for whatever reason, can still
contribute.

Once upon a time, DimDim was a possible solution.

But, now http://www.openmeetings.de/ looks to be a possible promising solution.

Can we try this or some other similar solution, some time??? If we
can, the group vibrancy will
certainly improve in my opinion.

anand