Shamail  writes:
> Hi,

>    Untill yesterday, I was able to push/pull from remote repositories
> over SSH. But not anymore..

> [shamail@busybox imageomator]$ git push production production
> ssh_exchange_identification: read: Connection reset by peer

It seems something is not fine between you or server, either your server is
sending the RST or some intermediate router. Best way to find this is to
tcpdump. Also did you recently changed anything on server, like upgraded git,
tried to secure it with some ACLs around some PAM module ?

Also can you scp the working directory to the host, and then try pushing from
there to confirm that git-push works?

And try creating a new git repo (for testing) and push some test commits to
there (from your local box), and see if that works? Make sure your new repo is
under the same user as previous repo.

> Although, I can successfully log in to the server via SSH.

> But the disturbing this is in /var/log/auth.log
> Jul 25 22:27:51 localhost sshd[3018]: reverse mapping checking
> getaddrinfo for abts-north-dynamic-218.254.161.122.airtelbroadband.in
> [122.161.254.218] failed - POSSIBLE BREAK-IN ATTEMPT!

> This came up for git push, but for SSH it says
> Jul 25 22:27:51 localhost sshd[3018]: Accepted publickey for shamail
> from 122.161.254.218 port 55063 ssh2
> Jul 25 22:27:51 localhost sshd[3018]: pam_unix(sshd:session): session
> opened for user shamail by (uid=0)

> Googling suggested to put UseDNS = no in sshd_config - no use :(

Yes, UseDNS is only useful in ideal internet where reverse DNS exists for
every IP address, and when it exists it matches forward DNS entry. Also adding
"UseDNS no" avoids the extra delay one has to go through during SSH login when
SSH tries to perform reverse lookup for your IP address, and weird thoughts
which comes with SSH connection taking time to login...

HTH
- --
Ashish SHUKLA

“As far as the laws of mathematics refer to reality, they are not
certain; and as far as they are certain, they do not refer to
reality.” ("Albert Einstein", "Sidelights on Relativity", 1983)