Hi All,

We are hiring top talent (Linux,MYSQL,PHP/Java, Crawlers, Lucene/SOLR)
for our new venture. Please apply and pass on to your friends. Link to
the posting: goo.gl/tVxM

Company - upRack.com (An Ivy League Alumni - Yale, ex-US Amazonian Venture)
We are working on a stealth-mode internet startup in a segment related
to e-commerce. We have previously developed and ran an e-commerce
portal upRack.com. We strive to provide the best user experience and
offer the widest selection to our users. upRack.com got mentioned in
Economic Times: "Why Indian Geeks in US are home-bound"
http://goo.gl/4debD

We do challenging work and are developing advanced custom systems (on
LAMP, Java, Lucene/SOLR, Crawlers) that handle a huge database
containing hundreds of millions of records. We also work on system and
database optimization. We DO NOT work on client projects. We are
looking for multiple technology professionals who have at least a few
months and at most 7-8 years of experience. We are also looking for a
CTO Co-founder level senior person.

Founder & CEO
The founder is a seasoned senior professional with over 11 years of
experience doing Category Management, Product Management, Online
Marketing and Customer Experience Management at Amazon.com - US,
Strategy at DHL - US, Consulting at TCS - Canada and India. He has an
MBA from Yale University, US and a Bachelor of Technology from
Kurukshetra University. He moved back to India in 2009 to start an
e-commerce venture.

Do you want to:
-work in a fun, challenging and super-charged environment, for a
company which provides you with more responsibilities than most other
companies and rewards results rather than face-time,
-have freedom to innovate?

If the answer is yes to the above questions, then this is the right
job for you! We are looking for smart people who are flexible, have a
passion to learn new things and develop state-of-the-art systems and
are highly motivated. You will grow with the organization and will
have an opportunity to manage team members.

Job Responsibilities:
- Work on developing state of the art portal, search, and web crawlers
- Closely interact with Business Team (Product, Marketing and Business
Development)
- Develop innovative features to make the website user-friendly and
enhance user experience.

Mandatory Requirements:
-Professional Experience developing and working with extremely
reliable and scalable LAMPJ (Linux, Apache, MySQL, PHP/Java) based web
systems.
-B.E./B.Tech. (Computer Science) or equivalent from a top
college/university preferred
-Possess a good understanding of basic Computer Science concepts such
as Algorithms, Data Structures, RDBMS, etc.
-Good communication skills in English, both written and oral
-Should be a fast learner and quick thinker
-Should be flexible in taking up other ad-hoc responsibilities/duties
as assigned

Preferred Requirements:
-Experience with LAMP system performance improvement required for
senior positions
-Professional Experience working with Search Systems (SOLR/Lucene, etc) a plus
-Experience working with MVC Frameworks like Struts, Spring,
Codeigniter, CakePHP a plus
-Experience working with crawlers such as Nutch and Curl a plus.
-Experience working with Web 2.0 e-commerce systems (Catalog
Management, Search, Recommendation engine, Graphics, Blogs, Discussion
Forums, Product reviews, etc) a plus
-Experience with web designing and SEO a plus
-Experience working with mobile messaging/mobile applications/social
media applications (facebook, android, etc) a plus
-Experience working with HTML5 and CSS3 a plus

Location
The position will be based in Vikaspuri, New Delhi

Remuneration
Compensation commensurate with skills and experience. Right candidates
would be considered for stock grant as well.

How to Apply
Interested candidates should respond with a cover letter and resume
with current CTC and salary/compensation expectations to
care...@uprack.com