On Tue, Sep 27, 2011 at 7:01 PM, Saurabh Sharma <luckysharm...@gmail.com>wrote:

> Is there a way to overcome this situation.
>
> Situation :
> I’m on a LAN [in office] connected to remote server over SSH [using
> gnome terminal], now I've to go over for a meeting on another floor
> along with my notebook. I switch on to mine office WLAN with a descent
> 90+ signal strength, Network manager shows both connections there as
> connected. I disconnect my LAN connection and now on WLAN when i try
> working on the server to which i was connected, the server is not
> responding to my keystrokes as if the connection broke and i have to
> make a new connection to the server in order to use it in a new tab.
> The old connection [the one over LAN ] breaks after some time, with a
> timeout message.
>
> Configuration tried out :
> I have the settings done for keeping SSH session alive by adding entry
> 'ServerAliveInterval 30' to '/etc/ssh/ssh_config', but that fails to
> work in my case. It only supports in case e.g. i connect to a server
> over LAN [ have both LAN and WLAN active ]. I break the LAN
> connection, now over WLAN the server does NOT shows any response to my
> keystrokes [let it be ENTER key]. I connect back to the LAN, and it
> works, also all of my previous key strokes are responded to.
>
> Any help will be great.
>
> OS : Fedora 14
> OpenSSH_5.5p1, OpenSSL 1.0.0e-fips 6 Sep 2011
> NetworkManager Applet 0.8.4

try playing with the MTU settings my problem was solved by playing
with  it , try changing the device name accordingly

eth0      Link encap:Ethernet  HWaddr 00:1F:16:36:49:A5

          inet addr:XXX.XX.XXX.XX  Bcast:XXX.XX.XXX.XXX  Mask:XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX

          UP BROADCAST RUNNING MULTICAST  MTU:1500   <<<<<<<<<<<<

An example command would be like:

# ifconfig eth0 mtu 1300

And, if this solves your problem, then set the appropriate MTU in your
/etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-eth0 as:

DEVICE=eth0
MTU=1250

-Satya
fossevents.in