Hello Friends,

I am facing this serious problem related to encoding.
My Postfix server receives emails in various encoding and I need to save
contents of those emails along with email IDs and subject lines to Postgres.
I am using PHP to fetch emails and save to database.

Postgres is set to UTF-8 default encoding. When it sees text with a
different encoding it gives error about illegal character and my PHP script
dies.

One solution is to expand my PHP to convert different encodings to UTF-8
(there's no very reliable function for this) and the other way possible is
setting Postfix to save/covert all emails UTF-8.

Is it possible to convince/force Postfix to save/convert all mails to UTF-8
and send UTF-encoded mail when fetched by a script.

Thanks..

Niyaz