Dear All,

Ours is a Software Development company where users desktops and most of the
servers are Windows Based. I joined this company about 2 years back and have
migrated few servers to Linux including Helpdesk System OTRS, ERP, Proxy, etc.

Now I have been given a task to prepare test lab for Linux Desktops using
openSUSE (no specific reason for choosing openSUSE, may be it supports LTSP
better that other I guess!. We do have plan to evaluate Thin Clients hardware
as well).

Idea is that at least trainees and support departments should be able to use
Linux with OpenOffice, etc.

I have migrated an entire corporate few years back from 100% Windows to 98%
Linux desktops and have fair idea of the entire process but their migration was
quite straight forward and combination of Linux plus WINE worked great.

Now I have few limitations and need your help. I am googling for the same and
need you expert view and help on below:

1. Linux Desktops should be part of AD i.e. end users should be able to log
into Linux Desktops using their windows ID and password. How do I do that?

2. We are using exchange server 2007, will Evolution be near to what MS Outlook
is?

3. Will Linux support LYNC?

4. Single Sign On - Like IE support for most of our web based applications.

5. What are other areas I should be aware of before submitting my plan to
management and take up this challenge!

Thanks and Regards,
Amit Sharma