gurteshwar singh said on Sun, Mar 25, 2012 at 07:56:44PM +0530,:

 > So I'm planning to buy a phone and install cyanogenmod.
 > It's kinda tedious to lookup the cyanogen wiki for models, check the

So??? Check xda forums. Look at the search feature, and check if there
is some thread with the specified model in the thread title.

 > price/availability online and call my local dealer to ask if he's got
 > the specific model.

Nah. Use the multiple tab option in your browser. xda in one, android forum
in another and some online shopping site in other(s).

 > If anybody's running cyanogenmod, please could somebody save me the

How about a Samsung Mini / pop?? I am running 7.2, and slightly ICS is
also available.

 > wild goose-chase and tell me the make/model of the phone you're
 > running it on. I'd also like to know if there are any issues you're
 > having with it. I'd shortlisted motorola defy+, the ruggedness was
 > cool but AFAIK cyanogen doesnt work on the defy+, just defy. I'm
 > looking for something under 25K.

Ugh. oh. My phone costs hardly 8 K. Additionally, required a windows
machine to install ClockWorkMod aka CWM, a prequisite for installing
Cayanogen Mod aka CM.

Not all phones are supported by that app called ROM manager  - so
be careful while installing such applications.

You certainly need to check rootability and how to go about doing this.

For me, I was lucky to find a pristine  machine running a working and safe
copy of Microsoft's WIndows (safe, fecause that that machine was sitting
isolated, without any network access, and had come with an OEM CD).

And like the defy+, you need to be very careful about those small letters
and variations in model numbers.

--
Mahesh T. Pai   ||
Half knowledge is worse than ignorance.