On Thu, Aug 2, 2012 at 12:28 PM, Vijay Thakur <sapat...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks for the reply. As a newbie things are not clear for me. So let me
> explain the my confusion in detail.
>
> I have a Public and Static IP Address.What will be the Hostname of my Qmail
> Server if my registered domain name is
> xyz.com.

You can assign any name to it but mail.xyz.com would be somewhat
conventional and preferable.

 Is there any other requirement at server end except Public &
> Static IP and FQDN.

 What kind of requirement ?

> There are MX Records, A Records, NS Records, SRV Records Tabs in my Domain
> Control Panel. Can you elaborate
> the options and entries.

There must be a Help Section in your Domain Control Panel which should
explain the options available. Else you can refer to the following
links to learn more about DNS and various types of records:

http://dnsuniversity.com/
http://www.debianhelp.co.uk/dnsrecords.htm
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_DNS_record_types
http://compnetworking.about.com/od/dns_domainnamesystem/DNS_Domain_Name_System.htm