On Thu, Sep 20, 2012 at 11:40 AM, satyaakam goswami <satyaa...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Any progress on the following item we discussed in meeting
>
> "Andrew Lynn proposed an open source alternative for commercial UTMs
> and discussed the features that would constitute a viable solution and
> urged the community to come forth and develop one. Everybody
> interested the project can keep an eye out on the list."

What would be the feature list of such a box?  Ref.
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unified_threat_management>

What about pfsense, zentyal, clearos [1]?   What features are lacking
in these products in the CE version?

Rather than re-inventing the wheel, it might be worthwhile to
contribute to any of these projects.

[1] pfsense is BSD license, while zentyal/clearos community edition are GPL.

-- Arun Khan