P.S. we have tons of other positions:
http://jobs.hasgeek.com/at/proptiger.com

We are Proptiger.com - we have ambitions of applying deep algorithms
(machine learning, analytics) and nifty product design to deliver really
helpful solutions to the Indian customer who wants to buy a house. The
ultimate goal is to be much more than what Zillow is. We are *NOT *in the
classifieds business (though it will soon be a small part of a much larger
picture). We have large interesting problems to solve *right now*.

We are funded by Accel and SAIF (which pretty much makes us the top-tier
invested company ) and already make very healthy revenues from the
business. Our sales staff exceeds a 100 people right now. We have a small
technology powerhouse team that we are trying to grow as fast as we can.

We believe that we will be a technology company first and foremost - and we
are building and revamping our technology stack/team accordingly. We
believe in giving independence in technology and design to every developer.
We are a successful early stage company - and we will reward you
accordingly. We fully intend to pass Joel's test of a non-sucky place to
work and we will encourage your crazy, wildhat ideas. If you have spare
time, we will not ask you to dig holes, but contribute to open source or
something.

What you will find at our office - Debian 6, Git, Jenkins, Jruby, Redmine,
Lean product management, everybody writes code (incl. CTO, excl. sales),
culture of merit

What you will not find at our office - SVN, Bugzilla, sacred Agile, non
coding techies, politics

*This role*:

This requirement is for a talented dev-ops engineer who will work with
technologies (similar to) Capistrano, Puppet, Hudson/Jenkins, Debian, AWS,
etc. to build and run our stack. This is a position that many other
companies call "system admin" or a "DBA", but we expect you to be and do
more. Can you dive in and optimize SQL and ORM queries as well ?  Can you
fight your way out of a Postgres vs Mysql vs Cassandra debate ?

We expect you to be proficient with atleast one programming language -
scripting or otherwise.

You will have the authority to make financial decisions on hosting,
servers, architecture, etc. This is a role to learn a lot, make a big
impact and grow to the next stage in your career.

In addition, you will get the chance (if you want) to build and run a
sophisticated call routing system built over Asterisk.

Come and work with us.

*Location matters! *We are situated right on the Noida DND exit, so it is
possibly one of the nicest commutes you will ever have. Our office is
really close to Sector-18, Noida which means easy access to pubs, clubs,
restaurants and shopping. We are about 1.5 km away from the nearest metro.

We have a great HR who will go out of their way to make your life easy
(many startups skimp on this). Flexible timings - sometimes WFM (work from
home), if you mean it in a good way.

Industry leading salary. Stock options which are already worth something
(!!). Everything else that goes with an early stage startup - dreams, tears
and glory.

Ideally you would have about 3+ years of experience, but we'd love to talk
to you nevertheless (whole bunch of other positions). Please share your
Github, Bitbucket, Stackoverflow, HN, Quora, etc. profiles if you have one.
It would be cool if you can tell us about other projects/open source code
that you have worked on. Other than that, we really dont care what
programming languages you know - as long as you can demonstrate your code
and developer maturity. write to me at s...@proptiger.com or tweet to us
@proptiger_tech

Do write to me even if you want to have a chat.

regards

Sandeep