On 12/17/2012 05:29 PM, Amit Sharma wrote:
> Hi,
>  Current I am using Thunderbird 17.0 with DavMail Gateway to achieve
> MAPI email download from Exchange 2010 but would like to use
> Evolution for Windows instead.
> Where can I download latest Evolution for Windows 7? Is it stable?
>
> Anybody using it? Is it recommended for Office Environment?
>
> Note: Thunderbird + DavMail works beautifully though! on Windows 7.

I personally would suggest that you continue using Thunderbird. The last time I had checked Evolution on Windows, it was very unstable, slow and the services that it uses in the back-end make it a very complicated setup.

Even on Linux, evolution behaves unpredictably and it's always difficult to recover from errors. Thunderbird is much more reliable in that aspect, though it too has its quirks, but usually it works well.

Regards
Vivek Kapoor
http://exain.com