hi,

I need to build a bulk SMS application.

Clarifications first :)
I am not working for any spamming company.

I am working for a large ecommerce company which has a large client base
and to keep them updated, we send about 5 Lakh SMSes per day.
Till now we have been relying on a vendor for this work but now my
management wants this to be done in-house.

Clearly speaking, I have never worked for such an application. I need your
suggestions for the following:

1) Most suitable database for this application. From my experience I know
mySQL is faster than pgSQL. But pgSQL is most robust DBMS. I am open to
other better DBMSes.

2) Messages & mobile numbers will be pushed to this SMS application and it
needs to provide delivery status to main application. I need help regarding
basic architecture of such SMS application. It will be built using open
source tools. Please suggest which programming language is most suitable
for this application.

3) Any other suggestions, pointer to relevant docs, etc will be highly
appreciated.

Thanks to you all,

Niyaz