I think Mozilla and Linux/Ubuntu will not be a threat to android unless
developers start taking them more seriously and develop new stuff for them.
And that won't happen unless people actually start using them.

People won't use them unless there are enough apps. So it's a vicious
circle really. I don't have much idea about Linux and Ubuntu phones. As far
as I know, Firefox OS right now is more targeted towards third world
countries where purchasing expensive hardware for the masses is not very
economical. And the masses need smart phones that are cheap and capable
because there is considerable number of people in the world whose first
interaction with a computer happens via a mobile phone. If Firefox OS based
phones come out cheap in the market, they may get liked by a certain type
of audience. As far as competition with Android is concerned, I don't think
Mozilla aims to compete with Android. However, Firefox OS can be good news
for those who give importance to privacy and they may choose it over
Android. If Mozilla does plan to take Android over privacy issues, I think
that might be a very long way because people in general are not educated
enough about privacy issues or don't give it enough importance. What I
really like about Firefox OS is the open ecosystem. Fork anything and start
your own, even a legit marketplace. and it's so easy to do ask that.

I have only taken a brief look at Ubuntu, and it seems to be working
towards good UX as well. But that's all I know about it.

I use an Android phone. I do look at myself using a Firefox OS developer
phone as a developer only. My main phone will still have Android running on
it for a while until I feel convinced how good other options are.

Thanks,
Vaidik