IMO, It's very good to have many distros as each one was made because they
were needed and they have some advantages. As a user you can choose any one
of them and fulfill your purpose. It also shows the kind of freedom this
open source thing gives to it's users where you can develop something out
of something if you don't like it, and encourages others also for the same.
There are some minor disadvantages also that as a naive user you can't find
easily which distro can fulfill your purpose or which one should you start
with etc. But for this there are millions of blogs/posts out there where
you can read about your problems and solutions.

On Mon, May 20, 2013 at 3:58 PM, Priyanka Sarkar <efyed...@efyindia.com>wrote:

> Dear All,
>
> A lot of debate happened on our FB wall on the topic 'What are the
> advantages & disadvantages of having multiple Linux Distros?'. Here is
> the link
>
> https://www.facebook.com/OpenSourceForU?ref=tn_tnmn#!/photo.php?fbid=10151620073774433&set=a.112258614432.84824.58079349432&type=1&theater
> .
>

> We are planning to do a story on the same and we would really appreciate
> if you let us know your thoughts on *'Is having too many Linux distros a
> problem?*'. Please share your views on what you think on this.
>

> Regards,
>
> Priyanka

Regards
RAKESH KUMAR