Dear Amit,

Thank you very much once again and I appreciate that you have been very
helpful to me. As desired, I am using Linux 7.3 (RH). I will try on sunday
(11.01.2003) as per your suggested step No.4 and then let you know.  Till
then pl. let me know how I should assign the port ACM0 to my subject modem
in RH Linux 7.3.

Thanks & Best regards,
Malkiat

> Well, dear Amit, thank you so much for providing me your valuable guidance
> with regard to the above. I would follow the step No.4 suggested by you
and
> then let you know. If it works fine then okey otherwise I would further
need
> your assistance. Meanwhile, pl. let me know what 'YAST'
>
> **** Yast: yest another setup tool, a very usable tool on SuSE, much much
> better then linuxconf of RedHat
>
> stands for as mentioned in your mail recd. by me. Also pl. let me know
which
> version of linux you are using.
>
> **** I am using SuSE Linux 8.1
>
> -- Amit