Hi,
I bought a first gen, 20" G5 iMac when they came out. 8 months later the logic
board died. Apple fixed it and it has had no other problems. One issue is the
video card that the early G5 iMacs came with is not the best. Second gen  G5
iMacs had a much better video card. There is always something when you get a
first of any model. I don't regret getting my iMac and enjoy the 20" monitor
everyday.

Ask them to put in more RAM... at that price, maybe they will.

On Friday, December 16, 2005, at 10:18PM, Peter Apockotos <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

>There were many issues with the capacitors leaking in certain models
>of the iMac G5.
>
>On Dec 16, 2005, at 10:55 PM, Don Hinkle wrote:
>
>> The iMac 20in G5/1.8GHz 256/160/Superdrive, is on "sale" for $1145
>> (refurb) at Smalldog.
>> If you have or have had one, how would you rate it? Why are there
>> refurb models on such a recent model Mac?
>> That means people have traded them in on something, presumably,
>> better?
>> thanks,
>>

>> -donald henry hinkle
>> Please remember to help feed the starving?click daily on
>> http://www.thehungersite.com AND http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com.

--Jim
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Vaughn, WA, USA