Hi all,

I'm about to replace my wife's aging PM7500 with a not-quite-as-old iMac 333, which she's looking forward to (she likes to use OSX on my Pismo...) Anyway, the problem is that she has a really great, working, and unobtrusive, Personal Laserwriter 320 and would like to find a way to continue to use it with the iMac and OSX (I can't afford to get another laser printer).

I'm sure it's possible, but the only way I can think of (having heard it mentioned a long time ago) is to use another Mac that DOES have a localtalk port as a server, networked via ethernet with the iMac. Make any sense? How, exactly, is this done? And can an old LW320 work under OSX.2?

I have an old Performa 630CD that I hope to use for this, and wish to be able to set it up headless to save precious room.

Any help from the smarter people is really appreciated (keep in mind that I'm a networking idiot).

---Alex