At 4:08 PM -0600 01/19/2006, Emily Jackson wrote:
At 3:48 PM -0600 on Thursday, January 19, 2006, [EMAIL PROTECTED]
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
 >I don't really perceive those features as being compelling reasons to
pay for the Deluxe product.  Don't get me wrong - at one time I
really loved StuffIt.  I paid for several Deluxe releases and was an
AladdinSys beta tester for years.

But times have changed.  Except for decompression, StuffIt provides
little of interest to OS X users, IMO.  We're going to .zip and .tar
now...

The OP asked about the Classic version (I think 7 is the last Classic
version). It's quite useful if you're on a Classic-only machine.

I'll make the same case against the classic version. Expander is ample. Add DropStuff if you really need it. The decode for other formats, uu, yenc and rar especially, are slow and buggy in the classic Expander.

- Dan.