On 20/01/2006, at 8:58 AM, Tim Collier wrote:

Goodness, Hitler invaded Britain? I wasn't alive then but I sure don't remember reading about that in any history book that I've ever read. I know he invaded most of Europe, but Britain held out, despite the bombings, with US aid and we mounted the final invasion (some recall it as D-Day). This resulted in the liberation of France and resulted in the final push towards Berlin from the West by US and British Forces and from the East by Russian forces. The war in Europe ended in 1945 as a result. Goodness knows what the world would be like IF Hitler HAD invaded Britain. Now, back to iMacs.

Tim

Hi folks,  Sorry OT but just needed to share this bit of info...

Well yes in a way they did invade Britain, I was in Guernsey in the Channel Islands and we were enemy occupied for 5 years. We are Channel Islanders but British, the islands were liberated on May 9th 1945. Closest that they got to the mainland. Quite a story for anyone interested in the history of those days. Invasion and liberation of the Channel Islands.
BT