Hi

A colleague of mine has a G4 'Mirror Door' 1Ghz with 768MB RAM. I myself have a G4 'Mirror Door' 1.25Ghz with 1GB of RAM. I know there will be a difference in speed but his machine runs incredibly slow.

Startup takes over 60 seconds and the dock is very sluggish. Even compared to a G4 'Sawtooth' 500Mhz with 1.5GB of RAM it seems slow.

All machines are running 10.3.9, I have run some tests on his machine and everything seems ok. I have also checked the startup items as well as repaired disk and permissions.

Is there anything else I should look for? It originally came with 10.2 and was upgraded to 10.3 straight over the top of 10.2. It is about 3 years old and as we work in a publishing house is worked very hard daily using files as large as 600MB at times.

Is there any point running a defrag program like DiskWarrior or would it benefit from backing up the important files and wiping the machine for a fresh install of Panther?

Kind Regards

Simon Royal

----
www.majikb.co.uk
The box said requires Windows 2000 or better, so I bought an Apple Mac