At 12:11 PM -0800 02/11/2006, Ted Stoffers wrote:

I have a iMac G3 (rev C) running 10.2.8. Since my iMac has that 8 GB limit, before I installed my 160 GB drive I partitioned it in several parts. My boot drive is kinda full, and I was wondering if I can more all my applications to another partition and place an alias to that partition's folder (named, of course, Applications). Will this confuse the hell out of my mac, or will this cause no problems. I have read that you shouldn't move stuff around too much on your mac, but I want to make sure that my boot partition has as much extra space as I can give it.

Most apps don't care where they live. Just make yourself a 2nd Applications folder on a diff partition... No aliases necessary.

- Dan.